Our aim is to provide you with the most up to date information about the glycemic index (GI) of foods and the GI Symbol Program and to inform you about the health benefits of low GI eating.
We hope we can answer some of your questions and help you in thinking about further questions you may want to ask. For assistance please contact us on email@example.com.
This disclaimer covers websites owned and operated by Glycemic Index Foundation (ABN 53 096 268 147), including: gisymbol.com, gifoundation.com.au.
Content on these sites is provided for general information only. It is not intended as medical advice, and should not be relied upon as a substitute for consultations with qualified health professionals who can determine your individual medical needs.
Glycemic Index Foundation endeavors to provide content that is accurate and as up to date as possible (given science evolves everyday) as of the date of writing. Please consult your health care provider if you have, or suspect you have, a health problem.
Content on Glycemic Index Foundation’s websites has been developed by staff of the Glycemic Index Foundation, its committees and working parties, comprising qualified professionals in all areas relating to glycemic index.
Research and evidence-based material used is generally referenced (at the end of the page, in a separate document or where the reference occurred) to acknowledge the author. All attempts are made to ensure the most up-to-date research and evidence is used.
Content posted by external contributors is not endorsed by Glycemic Index Foundation and does not necessarily represent Glycemic Index Foundation’s views.
When used for personal or educational purposes, Glycemic Index Foundation has no objection to the reproduction of content or material provided that the following criteria apply:
- Content is used one time only, in a non-commercial educational setting (one written report, one oral report, or one day of educational display is allowed by for a single presentation).
- Material can only be branded Glycemic Index Foundation and an acknowledgment to Glycemic Index Foundation (Australia), including the weblink www.gisymbol.com, must be prominently displayed.
- No exclusivity is claimed in relation to provision the content.
- Content is not altered, placed out of context, linked to, reused, further reproduced, or distributed.
- Content is not to be reproduced for use on a web page or with any online service or application with permission of the Communications and Partnership Manager.
Links to other sites
Glycemic Index Foundation provides links to other websites that are not under its control. While we only link to sites we believe offer credible information, we cannot guarantee this information is correct, up-to-date or evidence-based.
Glycemic Index Foundation is not responsible for the contents of any linked website, or any link contained in a linked website, or any changes or updates to such websites.
These links are provided for convenience of reference only and are not intended as an endorsement by Glycemic Index Foundation of the organisation or individual operating the website.
Sites linking to Glycemic Index Foundation (Australia)
Glycemic Index Foundation encourages links to its websites, subject to the following criteria:
- The appearance, position and other aspects of either the link or the host website may not be such as to damage or dilute the good reputation of Glycemic Index Foundation.
- The appearance, position and other aspects of either the link or the host website may not create the false appearance that Glycemic Index Foundation is associated with or sponsors the host website.
Glycemic Index Foundation reserves the right to revoke its consent to the link at any time and is not responsible for information or materials contained on the host website.
Glycemic Index Foundation is not responsible to you or anyone else for any loss suffered in connection with the use of this website or any of the content. This includes, but is not limited to, the transmission of any computer virus.
Glycemic Index Foundation makes no warranties or representations about this website or any of the content. We exclude, to the maximum extent permitted by law, any liability which may arise as a result of the use of this website, its content or the information on it, whether in an action for breach of contract, negligence or other tort.
Where liability cannot be excluded, any liability incurred by us in relation to the use of this website or the content is limited as provided under the Trade Practices Act 1974. We will never be liable for any indirect, incidental, special or consequential loss arising out of the use of this website, including loss of business profits.
This website is created and controlled by Glycemic Index Foundation. Any dispute about the website or its content is to be governed by the laws of New South Wales and determined by the courts having jurisdiction there.
You must ensure that access to and use of this website is in accordance with the laws of your jurisdiction.