Find all the information and relevant Low GI resources you need below.
ON THIS PAGE
PRINT, DOWNLOAD, SHARE
Diabetes NSW & ACT – www.diabetesnsw.com.au
Diabetes NSW & ACT works proactively to improve the day-to-day lives of people living with diabetes. We aim to make things easier by educating carers, employers and the general public. Our mission is a life without the complication(s) of diabetes.
The University of Sydney – www.sydney.edu.au
The Charles Perkins Centre at the University of Sydney aims to ease the burden of diabetes, obesity and cardiovascular disease, and their related conditions, through innovative research collaborations, research partnerships and teaching.
The University of Sydney Testing Laboratories (SUGiRS) – www.glycemicindex.com
One of the leading centres for glycemic index research and home to Sydney University GI Research Service (SUGiRS) that provides a reliable commercial GI testing laboratory for the local and international food industry. There is also a searchable database of over 2,000 foods that have been tested by SUGiRS.
CSIRO Total Wellbeing Diet Online – www.totalwellbeingdiet.com
The CSIRO Total Wellbeing Diet provides a comprehensive online health and wellbeing program that will show how simple changes to your diet can make significant changes to your health. A higher protein, low GI diet plan that is designed to satisfy.
International Carbohydrate Quality Consortium (ICQC) – www.carbquality.org
The ICQC is a non-profit, worldwide organisation whose mission is to support, summarise and disseminate the science around dietary carbohydrate and health with a focus on quality, and to harmonise the work of scientists from academia, industry and government.
Western Sydney Diabetes Alliance – www.westernsydneydiabetes.com.au
The Western Sydney Diabetes (WSD) initiative has been established in response to the growing threat diabetes poses to the community’s health and wellbeing.
FIAL – www.fial.com.au
FIAL is an industry-led, not-for-profit organisation focused on growing the share of Australian food in the global marketplace.
GI Symbol Licensees
- AB Food & Beverages T/A Twinings & Co – www.twinings.com.au/
- Australia Jarrah Health – www.jarrahhealth.com
- Benedikts Imports – www.blu.net.au
- Betamore – www.betamore.com.kh
- Coles – www.coles.com.au
- Dabon – www.dabon.it
- Essence Group – www.essencegp.com.au
- George Weston Foods – www.gwf.com.au
- Golden North Ice Cream – www.goldennorth.com.au
- Goodman Fielder – www.goodmanfielder.com.au
- Hive & Wellness Australia – www.capilanohoney.com
- Parmalat – www.parmalat.com.au
- Mission Foods – www.missionfoods.com.au
- Mitolo Family Farms – www.mitolofamilyfarms.com.au
- Mondelez International (Australia) – www.mondelezinternational.com
- Moulamein Foods – www.moulamein.com
- Nestle Oceania – www.nestle.com.au and www.nestle.co.nz
- Nestle Professional – www.nestleprofessional.com.au
- Omni Mal Agencies – www.omnimal.com
- Omnicane – www.dina-life.com
- One Food Honey – www.onefood.com.au
- Parmalat Australia – www.parmalat.com.au
- Peninsula Foods – Moolgiri Rice (India), Golden Health Rice (Singapore)
- Sanitarium – www.sanitarium.com.au
- Sugar Australia – www.sugaraustralia.com.au
- SunRice – www.sunrice.com.au
- Usana – www.usana.com
- Woolworths – www.woolworths.com.au
- Diabetes Australia – www.diabetesaustralia.com.au
- Diabetes NSW & ACT – www.diabetesnsw.com.au
- Australian Diabetes Educators Association – www.adea.com.au
- Diabetes in Pregnancy Society – www.adips.org
- JDRF – www.jdrf.org.au
Associations / Not-For-Profit Organisations
- AIFST – www.aifst.asn.au
- CSIRO – www.csiro.au
- Dairy Australia – www.dairyaustralia.com.au
- Dietitians Australia – dietitiansaustralia.org.au
- Dietitian New Zealand – www.dietitians.org.nz
- Grains & Legumes Nutrition Council – www.glnc.org.au
- Healthy Kids Association – www.healthy-kids.com.au
- Healthy Kids – www.healthykids.nsw.gov.au
- Horticulture Innovation Australia – horticulture.com.au
- MLA: Meat & Livestock Australia – www.mla.com.au or www.themainmeal.com.au
- National Heart Foundation – www.heartfoundation.org.au
- Nuts for Life – www.nutsforlife.com.au
- Oldways – oldwayspt.org
Healthdirect – www.healthdirect.gov.au
Healthdirect is a gateway to quality health information for all Australians. It provides links to over 17,000 resources on the websites of over 80 of Australia’s trusted information organisations. It aims to improve the health of Australians by providing easy access to reliable health information.
Pregnancy Birth & Baby – www.pregnancybirthbaby.org.au
Funded by the Australian Federal Government Pregnancy, Birth and Baby provides information, advice and counselling about pregnancy, childbirth and baby’s first year, online, over the phone (1800 882 436) and by video call.
Healthshare – www.healthshare.com.au
Community Partner in Healthshare Australia’s leading digital health website. Healthshare empowers consumers to make better health choices by connecting Australians with local, credible and relevant health practitioners, products and health information.
Raising Children Network– raisingchildren.net.au
The complete Australian resource for parenting newborns to teens with comprehensive information on Carbohydrates and GI
Diabetes Shop – www.diabetesshop.com
The official store of Diabetes NSW & ACT, Diabetes Queensland, Diabetes Tasmania and Diabetes Victoria, helping provide essential and related diabetes products Australia-wide including rural and remote areas.
Glycemic Index Testing Laboratories
The Glycemic Index Foundation recommends the following laboratories that test to the International Standard (ISO 26642:2010):
AUSTRALIA AND NEW ZEALAND
- The University of Sydney’s Glycemic Index Research Service (SUGIRS) – Australia
- GI NZ Research Centre in New Zealand
- Temasek Polytechnic
- Clinical Nutrition Research Centre
- China National Research Institute of Food and Fermentation Industries Centre
UK AND EUROPE
Please contact the laboratories directly for costs, requirements and testing timelines as they operate independently of the Foundation.
Recommended for you
A low GI diet focuses on the quality of carbohydrates you eat. Good carbohydrates (or low GI carbohydrates) are more slowly digested helping keep your blood sugars stable, whereas bad carbohydrates cause your blood glucose levels to peak and crash. Want to know which carbohydrates are best for you? Try our swap it tool!