Vegetable and Rice Ragout with Mussels
Prep time: 25 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
- 2 Pouches microwavable Doongara Clever low GI white rice
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1 large eggplant, cut into chunks
- 3 medium zucchini cut into chunks
- 1 large red capsicum, cut into chunks
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 large Roma tomatoes, chopped
- 4 plump garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 ½ cup water
- 1.5 kg mussels, scrubbed, tufts removed (NOTE: prawns, fresh salmon chunks or shredded cooked chicken can be used)
- ½ cup chopped fresh green herbs
- Cook the rice according to instructions on-pack.
- Heat the oil in a large sturdy pan. Add the eggplant, zucchini, capsicum, onion, tomatoes, garlic and salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook over a moderate heat stirring occasionally until the vegetables start to soften. Add the rice with the water and bring to a gentle simmer.
- Add the mussels, cover the pan with a lid and cook for about 5 minutes or until the mussels open.
- Scatter with herbs and serve immediately.
1840 kJ/440 calories; 7g protein; 26g fat (includes 4g saturated fat; saturated : unsaturated fat ratio 0.2); 40g Carbohydrate (includes 9g sugars and 31g starches); 8g fibre; 25mg sodium; 715mg potassium; sodium : potassium ratio 0.1; GI estimate Low