An easy recipe dish that the whole family will enjoy. If you like things a bit hotter garnish with fresh sliced chillis.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 18-20 Minutes
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1/2 brown onion, finely chopped
1 tbsp finely grated ginger
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1 tsp fennel seeds
1 tsp cumin seeds
1 tbsp medium curry powder
600 g skinless, de-boned chicken thighs, cut into bite-size pieces
1 red capsicum, diced
1 medium zucchini, diced
250 g Blu pearl couscous
2 1/2 cups simmering chicken stock
salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
juice of 1/4 lemon
a few sprigs of fresh coriander
- Heat olive oil in a wide, non-stick pan. Add the onion, ginger, garlic, fennel seeds and cumin seeds and stir over medium heat for 3 minutes.
- Add the curry powder and stir for 10 seconds. Add the chicken pieces, capsicum and zucchini and stir for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the pearl couscous and stir gently for 1 minute. Add the simmering stock, stir briefly and bring to a low simmer. Season with salt and pepper, cover with a lid and cook on low heat for 10 minutes, stirring once or twice during the cooking. Add a little water if necessary during the cooking.
- When it’s ready all the liquid will have been absorbed by the couscous.
- Stir in the lemon juice and serve garnished with coriander leaves.
Energy 1688 kJ, Protein 32.9g, Fat 18.3g, Saturated fat 3.9g, Total carbohydrate 16.6g, Sugar 2.6g, Fibre 4g, Sodium 1896mg
GI estimation: 38
GL estimation: 6
Recipe and image kindly supplied by Benedikts – Blu Gourmet Pearl Cous Cous. For more recipes go to www.blu.net.au