Gabriel Gaté’s Omelette with Pearl Couscous and Quinoa
The perfect match of high protein and low GI ingredients make this dish a must try for a simple lunch or light dinner that will keep you going for longer.
¼ cup red quinoa
¼ cup pearl couscous
4 medium eggs
0.5 tsp salt and 0.5 tsp freshly ground black pepper
1tsp olive oil
½ brown onion, diced
½ small green chilli, finely sliced
2 sliced medium mushrooms
2 tbsp finely sliced coriander leaves.
a handful of rocket leaves
- Place the quinoa and 1 ½ cups of water in a saucepan. Bring to a simmer and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add the pearl couscous, cover with a lid and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Beat the eggs in a bowl and season with a little salt and pepper.
- Heat the oil in a 24 cm non-stick frypan and fry the onion for 2 minutes. Add the chilli and mushrooms and cook for one minute.
- Stir in the eggs the coriander leaves the pearl couscous and quinoa. Stir and cook on medium heat until the eggs are just set.
- Serve immediately garnished with rocket leaves
1320 kJ/ 315 calories; 19g protein; 14g fat (includes 4g saturated fat; saturated : unsaturated fat ratio 0.40); 28g available carbs (includes 2g sugars and 26g starch); 3g fibre; 750mg sodium; 400mg potassium, GI Low; GL Low.
This recipe was kindly supplied by the team at Blu Gourmet Pearl Cous Cous. For more like this click here