Yellow rice salad with seeds, nuts and green herbs
- 1 3/4 cups SunRice Low GI white rice
- 1 tbsp Turmeric
- 3 large Roma tomatoes, diced
- 1/3 cup Diced red onion
- 1/2 cup Mixed seeds (pumpkin and sunflower)
- 3 tbsp Pine nuts
- 1/3 cup Chopped raw pecans
- 1/3 cup Currants
- 4 Spring onions, sliced
- 1 cup Chopped mixed fresh herbs (parsley, mint, basil)
- 1/3 cup Olive oil
- 1 tbsp Finely grated orange zest
- 1/4 cup Fresh orange juice
- Cook rice according to instructions on-pack until al dente adding turmeric to the cooking water. When cooked, spread out in a thin layer on a large tray to cool.
- When cold, put the rice in a large bowl with the tomatoes, red onion, pumpkin and sunflower seeds, pine nuts, pecans, currants, spring onion and green herbs.
- To make the dressing whisk together the olive oil, orange zest and juice. Season to taste, pour over salad and lightly toss.
Gi estimate: Low
Please note the serving size listed is to be used as a guide only. Consider your own individual nutrient and carbohydrate requirements and adjust the serving size as required. If you are unsure of your requirements consult an Accredited Practising Dietitian (APD) for personalises advice.