Yellow rice salad with seeds, nuts and green herbs
- 1 3/4 cups SunRice Low GI white rice
- 1 tbsp Turmeric
- 3 large Roma tomatoes, diced
- 1/3 cup Diced red onion
- 1/2 cup Mixed seeds (pumpkin and sunflower)
- 3 tbsp Pine nuts
- 1/3 cup Chopped raw pecans
- 1/3 cup Currants
- 4 Spring onions, sliced
- 1 cup Chopped mixed fresh herbs (parsley, mint, basil)
- 1/3 cup Olive oil
- 1 tbsp Finely grated orange zest
- 1/4 cup Fresh orange juice
- Cook rice according to instructions on-pack until al dente adding turmeric to the cooking water. When cooked, spread out in a thin layer on a large tray to cool.
- When cold, put the rice in a large bowl with the tomatoes, red onion, pumpkin and sunflower seeds, pine nuts, pecans, currants, spring onion and green herbs.
- To make the dressing whisk together the olive oil, orange zest and juice. Season to taste, pour over salad and lightly toss.
Gi estimate: Low
Nutritional information (per serve)