Yellow rice salad with seeds, nuts and green herbs
- 1 ¾ cups SunRice Low GI white rice
- 1 tbsp ground turmeric
- 3 Roma tomatoes large, diced
- ⅓ cup red onion diced
- ½ cup mixed seeds pumpkin and sunflower
- 3 tbsp pine nuts
- ⅓ cup pecans, raw chopped
- ⅓ cup currants
- 4 spring onions sliced
- 1 cup fresh herbs chopped
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- 1 tbsp orange zest finely grated
- ¼ cup orange juice
- Cook rice according to instructions on-pack until al dente adding turmeric to the cooking water. When cooked, spread out in a thin layer on a large tray to cool.
- When cold, put the rice in a large bowl with the tomatoes, red onion, pumpkin and sunflower seeds, pine nuts, pecans, currants, spring onion and green herbs.
- To make the dressing whisk together the olive oil, orange zest and juice. Season to taste, pour over salad and lightly toss.
Gi estimate: Low
Please note the serving size listed is to be used as a guide only. Consider your own individual nutrient and carbohydrate requirements and adjust the serving size as required. If you are unsure of your requirements consult an Accredited Practising Dietitian (APD) for personalises advice.