Thick Cut Oven Baked Potato Chips
- 400 g Carisma potatoes peeled, large
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme leaves only
- ground black pepper
- 1 pinch sea salt
- dried chilli flakes to taste(optional)
- Cut potatoes length ways into batons / thick chips. Place potatoes in warm salted water and boil for 2 minutes until still firm. Strain immediately and shake dry.
- Pre-heat oven to 220°C. Arrange chips in a single layer on an oven tray lined with baking paper and coat with olive oil, toss. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until cooked golden, turning occasionally to ensure an even colour. Add fresh thyme for the last 3 minutes of cooking.
- Season with cracked black pepper, salt and chilli flakes (optional) and serve. You can also serve with a harissa yogurt sauce as an optional dip.
Please note the serving size listed is to be used as a guide only. Consider your own individual nutrient and carbohydrate requirements and adjust the serving size as required. If you are unsure of your requirements consult an Accredited Practising Dietitian (APD) for personalises advice.