Roasted spiced rice and vegetable fritters with lime dressing
- 1 cup Low GI brown rice
- 2/3 cup SunRice Low GI white rice
- 1 Medium fresh cob sweetcorn
- 2/3 cup Coarsely grated sweet potato, OR butternut pumpkin OR Carisma/Nadine/Nicola potatoes
- 2/3 cup Coarsely grated carrot
- 2/3 cup Coarsely grated beetroot
- 1 Small red chilli finely chopped
- 2 tsp Ground cumin
- 2 Large free range eggs, whisked
- 1/2 cup Quick cooking rolled oats
- 2/3 cup Natural pot set yoghurt
- 2 tbsp Each of chopped mint and chives
- 1 Small lime, juice and finely grated zest
- Cook both rice according to instructions on-pack and drain well. Cool and set aside.
- If using potatoes, peel, leave whole and boil for 10 minutes, then cool and grate coarsely.
- Rest the tip of the corn cob on a cutting board at a 45 degree angle and run a sharp knife lengthways slicing off the kernels. Put into a large bowl with rice, potato, carrot, beetroot, corn, chilli, cumin, whisked eggs and oats. Season to taste and lightly mix.
- Preheat oven to 200c (fan 180C). Line a large shallow ovenproof tray with baking paper.
- With damp hands clump rice and vegetable mixture into about 18 patties and arrange on the baking paper. Roast for about 20 minutes or until crisp and browned.
- Meanwhile combine all the dressing ingredients together in a bowl and serve with fritters.
Gi Estimate: Low