Roasted spiced rice and vegetable fritters with lime dressing
- 1 cup low GI brown rice
- ⅔ cup sunRice Low GI white rice
- 1 sweet corn cobs
- ⅔ cup sweet potato OR butternut pumpkin OR Carisma/Nadine/Nicola potatoes
- ⅔ cup carrot coarsely grated
- ⅔ cup beetroot coarsely grated
- 1 red chilli finely chopped
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 eggs large free range, whisked
- ½ cup rolled oats
- ⅔ cup natural yoghurt
- 2 tbsp fresh mint and chives chopped
- 1 lime juiced and finely grated zest
- Cook both rice according to instructions on-pack and drain well. Cool and set aside.
- If using potatoes, peel, leave whole and boil for 10 minutes, then cool and grate coarsely.
- Rest the tip of the corn cob on a cutting board at a 45 degree angle and run a sharp knife lengthways slicing off the kernels. Put into a large bowl with rice, potato, carrot, beetroot, corn, chilli, cumin, whisked eggs and oats. Season to taste and lightly mix.
- Preheat oven to 200c (fan 180C). Line a large shallow ovenproof tray with baking paper.
- With damp hands clump rice and vegetable mixture into about 18 patties and arrange on the baking paper. Roast for about 20 minutes or until crisp and browned.
- Meanwhile combine all the dressing ingredients together in a bowl and serve with fritters.
Gi Estimate: Low
Please note the serving size listed is to be used as a guide only. Consider your own individual nutrient and carbohydrate requirements and adjust the serving size as required. If you are unsure of your requirements consult an Accredited Practising Dietitian (APD) for personalises advice.