Potato and Leek Soup
10 minutes minutes
30 minutes minutes
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 leeks washed well, sliced, whites only
- 1 celery stalk, chopped
- 2 spring onions chopped finely
- ¼ cup white wine dry
- 3 cups reduced salt chicken stock
- 3 Carisma potatoes peeled and cut into pieces
- 1 bay leaves
- ½ tsp dried thyme
- ½ cup low fat Greek yoghurt
- sea salt and ground black pepper
- Heat olive oil in a large pot. Add leeks, celery and spring onions. Cook for about 5 minutes or until the vegetables soften.
- Increase the heat, add the white wine and cook for a few minutes.
- Next, add the stock, potatoes, bay leaf, thyme, salt and pepper. Bring to the boil and cook for approximately 20 minutes or until the potatoes are soft.
- Turn off heat. Discard bay leaf. Add Greek yoghurt.
- Blend in a food processor or blender until smooth.
- Serve for lunch or a light dinner with a slice of low GI toast.
Please note the serving size listed is to be used as a guide only. Consider your own individual nutrient and carbohydrate requirements and adjust the serving size as required. If you are unsure of your requirements consult an Accredited Practising Dietitian (APD) for personalises advice.