Vegan Pearl Couscous and Orange Salad
- 5 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 4 cups vegetable stock hot
- sea salt and ground black pepper
- 1 lemon juiced
- 400 g chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 400 g butter beans drained and rinsed
- 1 cup walnuts
- 20 cherry tomatoes halved
- 4 tbsp fresh chives finely cut
- ½ cup fresh flat-leaf parsley chopped
- 4 orange small, cut into segments or slices
- 8 radishes medium, sliced
- Pour 1 tbsp of the lemon olive oil in a non-stick pan. Add curry powder and pearl couscous and stir on medium heat for 20 seconds. Add vegetable stock and season with a little salt and pepper. Bring to a low simmer, cover with a lid and cook on low heat for about 10 minutes.
- When cooked, transfer to a platter and carefully spread the couscous separating the grains with a fork. Once cold,cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- In a bowl mix remaining 4tbsp of olive oil with the lemon juice and a little salt and pepper. Add the cooked couscous and gently mix to separate the grains. Gently add the chickpeas, butter beans, walnuts, cherry tomatoes, and parsley. Garnish with oranges segments and radish slices and sprinkle with chives.
Please note the serving size listed is to be used as a guide only. Consider your own individual nutrient and carbohydrate requirements and adjust the serving size as required. If you are unsure of your requirements consult an Accredited Practising Dietitian (APD) for personalises advice.