Moroccan style chicken with Pearl Couscous
- 1 tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp Mustard seeds
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon powder
- 1 tsp Chilli paste
- 1/4 tbsp Tbsp tomato paste
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Ground black pepper
- 8 Skinless chicken drumsticks
- 1/2 Brown onion, finely chopped
- 1 Red capsicum, diced
- 1 tsp Ground cumin
- 1 cup Shelled peas
- 250 g Pearl couscous (larger than normal couscous)
- 2 cups Low reduced-salt but strong chicken stock
- Handful of coriander leaves
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. In a bowl mix 1/2 tbsp of olive oil with the mustard seeds, cumin seeds, cinnamon, chilli paste, the tomato paste and a little salt and pepper.
- Place the chicken drumsticks in a bowl and season with the spicy oil mix. Place the chicken on an oven rack and bake in the preheated oven for about 30 minutes, turning the drumsticks from time to time.
- Heat remaining olive oil in a non-stick pan. Add the chopped onion and ground cumin and stir for 1 minute. Add the diced capsicum and stir on medium heat for 3 minutes.
- Add the peas and pearl couscous and stir well for 30 seconds, before adding the chicken stock. Bring to a simmer, cover with a lid and cook for 10 minutes on very low heat.
- Serve the chicken drumsticks on a bed of pearl couscous garnished with coriander leaves.