Low GI breakfast rice
- 1 ½ cups SunRice Low GI White Rice (raw)
- 400 ml almond milk
- 1 cup water
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- ¼ cup mixed seeds and/or nuts
- Add rice, almond milk, cold water, seeds/nuts, and maple syrup to a saucepan. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stand covered for 5 minutes.
- Serve with your choice of toppings such as berries, fruit or toasted nuts/seeds.
By Lyndi Cohen, Accredited Practising Dietitian and Nutritionist and SunRice Health and Wellness Ambassador
Please note the serving size listed is to be used as a guide only. Consider your own individual nutrient and carbohydrate requirements and adjust the serving size as required. If you are unsure of your requirements consult an Accredited Practising Dietitian (APD) for personalises advice.