Low GI Breakfast Burrito Wrap
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 brown onion finely diced
- 1/2 cup button mushrooms sliced
- 1/4 refried beans
- egg lightly beaten OR 50g firm tofu, crumbled
- 1 cup baby spinach shredded
- 1/2 avocado
- 1/2 lime juiced
- 4 cherry tomatoes diced
- 1/2 cup fresh flat leaf parsley finely chopped (can also use coriander)
- 2 low GI wraps
- Heat oil on a fry pan over medium heat.
- Add onion and sauté for 3 minutes.
- Add mushrooms, refried beans and egg or tofu. Cook for a further 5 minutes, fluffing egg or tofu with a fork and stirring baby spinach through towards the end. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, mash avocado. Mix in lime juice, then diced tomatoes and herbs.
- Lay out wraps and spread with avocado mix. Top with bean mixture and wrap. Can be served as is or toasted. Enjoy.
Please note the serving size listed is to be used as a guide only. Consider your own individual nutrient and carbohydrate requirements and adjust the serving size as required. If you are unsure of your requirements consult an Accredited Practising Dietitian (APD) for personalises advice.