Indian-style chicken with Pearl Couscous
- 2 tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 Brown onion, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp Finely grated ginger
- 2 Cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tsp Fennel seeds
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds
- 1 tbsp Medium curry powder
- 600 g Skinless, de-boned chicken thighs, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 Red capsicum, diced
- 1 Medium zucchini, diced
- 250 g Blu pearl couscous
- 500 ml Simmering chicken stock
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Juice of 1/4 lemon
- A few sprigs of fresh coriander
- Heat olive oil in a wide, non-stick pan. Add the onion, ginger, garlic, fennel seeds and cumin seeds and stir over medium heat for 3 minutes.
- Add the curry powder and stir for 10 seconds. Add the chicken pieces, capsicum and zucchini and stir for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the pearl couscous and stir gently for 1 minute. Add the simmering stock, stir briefly and bring to a low simmer. Season with salt and pepper, cover with a lid and cook on low heat for 10 minutes, stirring once or twice during the cooking. Add a little water if necessary during the cooking.
- When it’s ready all the liquid will have been absorbed by the couscous.
- Stir in the lemon juice and serve garnished with coriander leaves.
Gi estimation: 38, GL estimation: 6 Recipe and image supplied by Benedikts – Blu Gourmet Pearl Cous Cous. For more recipes go to www.blu.net.au