Indian-style chicken with Pearl Couscous
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- ½ brown onion finely chopped
- 1 tbsp ginger finely grated
- 2 garlic finely chopped
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tbsp curry powder medium
- 600 g chicken thigh skinless, de-boned, and cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 red capsicum (pepper) diced
- 1 zucchini Medium and diced
- 250 g Blu Gourmet pearl couscous
- 500 ml chicken stock
- sea salt and ground black pepper to taste
- ¼ lemon juiced
- fresh coriander (cilantro)
- Heat olive oil in a wide, non-stick pan. Add the onion, ginger, garlic, fennel seeds and cumin seeds and stir over medium heat for 3 minutes.
- Add the curry powder and stir for 10 seconds. Add the chicken pieces, capsicum and zucchini and stir for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the pearl couscous and stir gently for 1 minute. Add the simmering stock, stir briefly and bring to a low simmer. Season with salt and pepper, cover with a lid and cook on low heat for 10 minutes, stirring once or twice during the cooking. Add a little water if necessary during the cooking.
- When it’s ready all the liquid will have been absorbed by the couscous.
- Stir in the lemon juice and serve garnished with coriander leaves.
Gi estimation: 38, GL estimation: 6 Recipe and image supplied by Benedikts – Blu Gourmet Pearl Cous Cous. For more recipes go to www.blu.net.au
Please note the serving size listed is to be used as a guide only. Consider your own individual nutrient and carbohydrate requirements and adjust the serving size as required. If you are unsure of your requirements consult an Accredited Practising Dietitian (APD) for personalises advice.