Gabriel Gaté’s bean, beetroot and Pearl Couscous salad
- 1 cup Blu Gourmet pearl couscous
- 1 lemon juiced
- 1 clove garlic finely chopped
- 1 tsp chilli paste
- 2 tbsp low fat natural yoghurt
- 8 baby beetroot canned or freshly cooked
- 400 g four bean mix
- 2 tomato diced
- ½ red (Spanish) onion diced
- 4 tbsp fresh flat-leaf parsley chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh mint finely sliced
- Bring 3 cups of water to the boil in a saucepan and cook the pearl couscous for 10 minutes. Drain and refresh under the tap.
- In a salad bowl, mix the lemon juice with the garlic, chilli paste and yoghurt.
- Peel and dice the beetroots then place in a salad bowl with the dressing. Add the rinsed, drained beans, the tomatoes, pearl couscous, onion, parsley and mint. Toss gently and serve.
Please note the serving size listed is to be used as a guide only. Consider your own individual nutrient and carbohydrate requirements and adjust the serving size as required. If you are unsure of your requirements consult an Accredited Practising Dietitian (APD) for personalises advice.