French-Style Chicken Casserole
15 minutes minutes
40 minutes minutes
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 800 g chicken thigh cut in half and trimmed of all fat
- 1 brown onion large, peeled diced
- 1 carrot large, peeled diced
- 2 clove garlic crushed
- 1 bay leaves
- 2 tbsp fresh thyme chopped
- sea salt and ground black pepper
- 75 g lean middle bacon trimmed of fat and diced
- 150 ml white wine dry
- 200 g button mushrooms halved
- 4 Carisma potatoes medium, parboiled
- ½ cup fresh flat-leaf parsley chopped
- In a large, non-stick casserole pan, heat olive oil and add chicken thigh fillets. Cook for a few minutes to give chicken alight brown colour.
- Add onion, carrot, garlic, bay leaf, thyme, salt and pepper. Stir well. Add bacon and continue cooking for a few minutes.
- Add white wine and bring to the boil. Add mushrooms and cover with a lid, cooking on a low heat for approximately 20 minutes.
- Next, add the parboiled potatoes to the casserole and continue cooking for 5 minutes.
- Stir through chopped fresh parsley and serve.
Please note the serving size listed is to be used as a guide only. Consider your own individual nutrient and carbohydrate requirements and adjust the serving size as required. If you are unsure of your requirements consult an Accredited Practising Dietitian (APD) for personalises advice.