Folded Asian Style Veggie Rice Omelette
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 clove garlic peeled and finely sliced
- 1 spring onions trimmed and finely sliced on the round
- 100 g button mushrooms finely sliced
- 50 g enoki mushrooms trimmed and gently pulled apart
- 1 cup baby spinach leaves
- 1 cup SunRice Low GI White Rice cooked
- 2 tbsp reduced salt soy sauce
- ½ tbsp white miso paste
- 1 tbsp water
- 2 eggs whisked
- ½ cup snow pea sprouts
- black pepper
- dried chilli flakes
- Whisk eggs together in a bowl. Heat a large frypan on medium heat, add sesame oil to coat then add garlic, shallots, button mushrooms, enoki mushrooms, baby spinach and SunRice Low GI White Rice and cook 5 minutes, tossing frequently.
- Whisk together tamari, white miso paste and water in a small bowl then stir through the vegetables and cook a further 2–3 minutes. Transfer veg to a bowl, cover and set aside.
- The pan should be well oiled still, if not then add a small splash of oil or butter. Pour whisked eggs into the pan, gently turning pan outward to create a big omelette. Cook 2 minutes and flip to cook a further 1–2 minutes.
- Transfer to a plate, spoon the vegetables onto half the omelette, top with snow pea sprouts then fold the other half of the omelette over the top. Season with black pepper and some chilli flakes if desired and enjoy!
- This recipe can be easily varied to use whichever vegetables you have in the fridge or perhaps some leftovers from a stir fry the night before too - a great way to be resourceful with the food or ingredients you have on hand!
whichever vegetables you have in the
fridge or perhaps some leftovers from
a stir fry the night before too - a great
way to be resourceful with the food or
ingredients you have on hand! Recipes supplied by SunRice Low GI Rice
Please note the serving size listed is to be used as a guide only. Consider your own individual nutrient and carbohydrate requirements and adjust the serving size as required. If you are unsure of your requirements consult an Accredited Practising Dietitian (APD) for personalises advice.