Falafel and tahini bowl
- 2 slices Bürgen® Rye bread toasted and cut into half triangles
- 2 falafel
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- ground white pepper
- ¼ tsp ground smoked paprika
- 1 cup red cabbage shredded
- ½ carrot grated
- ½ Lebanese cucumber grated
- ¼ cup fresh flat-leaf parsley
- ¼ cup fresh coriander (cilantro)
- Preheat oven 200°C
- Put the falafels on to a piece of aluminium foil and sprinkle with a little water. Enclose in the foil and heat in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine the tahini with the lemon juice and then, using a whisk, add enough warm water to make a smooth paste. Season with ground white pepper.
- In a bowl combine the cabbage, carrot,cucumber and herbs; transfer to a serving bowl. Slice falafels in half and serve on top of the vegetables with the triangles of rye toast and tahini sauce.
Please note the serving size listed is to be used as a guide only. Consider your own individual nutrient and carbohydrate requirements and adjust the serving size as required. If you are unsure of your requirements consult an Accredited Practising Dietitian (APD) for personalises advice.