Zaatar lamb cutlets with fattoush style salad
- 8 lamb cutlets, excess fat trimmed
- ½ iceberg lettuce, roughly chopped
- 200 g baby tomatoes, halved
- 250 g baby cucumbers, roughly chopped
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 6 radishes, thinly sliced
- 6 fresh dates, pitted and roughly chopped
- 4 low GI wraps
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup Za’atar spice blend
- ⅓ cup feta, crumbled
- 1 tbsp pomegranate molasses
- 1 Lemon, juice
- To serve: parsley leaves, pistachio nuts, pomegranate seeds
- Preheat oven to 200°C (180°Cfan-forced). Line a large baking tray with baking paper and place pita pockets on the tray. Brush pita pockets with 1 tablespoon oil, sprinkle with half the za’atar and cook in the oven for 8-10 minutes, turning halfway, or until crisp and golden. Set aside to cool. Break into pieces.
- Meanwhile, brush cutlets with 1 tablespoon oil and season. Sprinkle with remaining za’atar. Heat a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat and cook cutlets, in batches, if necessary, for 3-4 minutes each side or until cooked to your liking. Set aside on a plate loosely covered with foil to rest for 5 minutes.
- In a screw top jar place remaining oil, pomegranate molasses and lemon juice. Season and shake well to combine.
- Place lettuce, tomatoes, cucumbers, onion, radishes, dates, feta and pita onto a serving dish. Drizzle with dressing and toss well to coat.
- Serve cutlets with salad topped with parsley, pistachios and pomegranate seeds.
Please note the serving size listed is to be used as a guide only. Consider your own individual nutrient and carbohydrate requirements and adjust the serving size as required. If you are unsure of your requirements consult an Accredited Practising Dietitian (APD) for personalises advice.