Zaatar lamb cutlets with fattoush style salad
- 8 lamb cutlets, excess fat trimmed
- ½ iceberg lettuce, roughly chopped
- 200 g baby tomatoes, halved
- 250 g baby cucumbers, roughly chopped
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 6 radishes, thinly sliced
- 6 fresh dates, pitted and roughly chopped
- 4 low GI wraps
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup Za’atar spice blend
- ⅓ cup feta, crumbled
- 1 tbsp pomegranate molasses
- 1 Lemon, juice
- To serve: parsley leaves, pistachio nuts, pomegranate seeds
- Preheat oven to 200°C (180°Cfan-forced). Line a large baking tray with baking paper and place pita pockets on the tray. Brush pita pockets with 1 tablespoon oil, sprinkle with half the za’atar and cook in the oven for 8-10 minutes, turning halfway, or until crisp and golden. Set aside to cool. Break into pieces.
- Meanwhile, brush cutlets with 1 tablespoon oil and season. Sprinkle with remaining za’atar. Heat a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat and cook cutlets, in batches, if necessary, for 3-4 minutes each side or until cooked to your liking. Set aside on a plate loosely covered with foil to rest for 5 minutes.
- In a screw top jar place remaining oil, pomegranate molasses and lemon juice. Season and shake well to combine.
- Place lettuce, tomatoes, cucumbers, onion, radishes, dates, feta and pita onto a serving dish. Drizzle with dressing and toss well to coat.
- Serve cutlets with salad topped with parsley, pistachios and pomegranate seeds.