Walnut, almond and cashew sweet potato brownies
- 1 cup sweet potato 220g, cooked, mashed
- 1 cup tahini
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ cup almond meal
- ¼ cup walnuts chopped
- ¼ cup cashew nuts chopped
- ¼ cup cacao powder
- ½ cup dark choc chips use ¼ cup in the batter & sprinkle the remaining ¼ cup on top
- Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees. Line a brownie tray with baking paper
- Place the mashed sweet potato into a large mixing bowl & combine it with the tahini, maple syrup & vanilla bean extract. Stir well to combine.
- In a separate small bowl, combine all the dry ingredients (remember to use only half of the choc chips).
- Add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients & fold together.
- Pour the brownie batter into the lined tray & top with remaining choc chips.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until cooked through.
- Allow to cool and slice into small pieces.
Please note the serving size listed is to be used as a guide only. Consider your own individual nutrient and carbohydrate requirements and adjust the serving size as required. If you are unsure of your requirements consult an Accredited Practising Dietitian (APD) for personalises advice.