Vietnamese-inspired smoked trout salad
- 100 g dried rice noodles
- 1 Lebanese cucumber seeded, finely sliced
- ½ tomato cut in half
- ½ punnet pea sprouts trimmed
- 1 handful fresh coriander (cilantro)
- 1 handful fresh mint
- 1 spring onions finely sliced
- ⅓ cup cashews, roasted lightly crushed
- 200 g smoked ocean trout flaked
- 1 ½ tbsp reduced salt soy sauce
- 1 lime juiced
- 2 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp maple syrup (optional)
- 1 iceberg lettuce
- Soak the vermicelli noodles in boiling water for 5 minutes then drain well and cut into shorter lengths with scissors. Place the noodles into a bowl and add cucumber, tomatoes, pea shoots, herbs, spring onion, cashew nuts and trout.
- Whisk together the fish sauce, lime juice, vinegar, and maple with the remaining and pour this over the salad and toss gently to combine. Cut thick cheeks off both side of the iceberg and separate the layers to give you lettuce cups as an option to serve the salad in.
Please note the serving size listed is to be used as a guide only. Consider your own individual nutrient and carbohydrate requirements and adjust the serving size as required. If you are unsure of your requirements consult an Accredited Practising Dietitian (APD) for personalises advice.