Vietnamese-inspired smoked trout salad
- 100 g dried vermicelli rice noodles
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, seeded, finely sliced
- 1/2 punnet grape tomatoes, cut in half
- 1/2 punnet Pea Sprouts, trimmed
- 1 handful each coriander and mint leaves
- 1 spring onion, finely sliced
- 1/3 cup roasted cashew nuts, lightly crushed
- 200 g hot smoked ocean trout fillet, flaked
- 1 ½ tbsp low salt soy sauce
- Juice 1 lime
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp maple syrup, optional
- 1 iceberg lettuce
- Soak the vermicelli noodles in boiling water for 5 minutes then drain well and cut into shorter lengths with scissors. Place the noodles into a bowl and add cucumber, tomatoes, pea shoots, herbs, spring onion, cashew nuts and trout.
- Whisk together the fish sauce, lime juice, vinegar, and maple with the remaining and pour this over the salad and toss gently to combine. Cut thick cheeks off both side of the iceberg and separate the layers to give you lettuce cups as an option to serve the salad in.
Please note the serving size listed is to be used as a guide only. Consider your own individual nutrient and carbohydrate requirements and adjust the serving size as required. If you are unsure of your requirements consult an Accredited Practising Dietitian (APD) for personalises advice.