Veggie Protein Loaf
- 10 eggs
- 2 diced tomatoes
- ½ cup mushrooms sliced
- 1 cup baby spinach leaves
- ½ cup cooked chicken or barbecue chicken (skin removed) or 95g tin tuna/salmon (drained)
- 2 tbsp fresh flat-leaf parsley or chopped dill if using fish
- 80 g cheddar cheese grated
- olive oil
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- Grease a non-stick loaf tin with olive oil. You can also line with greaseproof paper to ensure loaf does not stick.
- Place eggs in a large bowl and whisk until well combined.
- Add the tomato, mushroom and spinach. Gently stir with a spoon.
- Add chicken or tinned fish and parsley. Stir well.
- Pour egg mixture into loaf tin and sprinkle evenly with cheese.
- Place in the oven and bake for approximately 40 minutes or until cooked. To check if cooked, check the middle of the loaf with a skewer. If cooked, skewer will be dry and not be wet.
Please note the serving size listed is to be used as a guide only. Consider your own individual nutrient and carbohydrate requirements and adjust the serving size as required. If you are unsure of your requirements consult an Accredited Practising Dietitian (APD) for personalises advice.