- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 red (Spanish) onions, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tsp sweet smoked paprika
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 1/2 cups (300g) low Gi rice
- 1 tbsp MAGGI Original Seasoning
- 4 cups (1L) vegetable stock
- 1 red capsicum, roasted, peeled, sliced
- 2 vine-ripened tomatoes, deseeded, diced
- 125 g can corn kernels, drained
- 1 cup (120g) frozen peas, thawed
- 300 g firm tofu, cubed
- 170 g marinated artichoke hearts drained, cut into wedges
- 75 g pine nuts, lightly toasted to serve
- Heat oil in a large, heavy-based saucepan over medium-low heat. Add onion and cook, stirring occasionally for 5-6 minutes, or until onion is soft. Add garlic and paprika, cook, stirring for one minute.
- Add rice and stir to coat the grains in the spices. Add vegetable stock, bring to the boil, then reduce heat to low, cover the pan with a lid or piece of foil and simmer 20-25 minutes, or until the stock is absorbed and the rice is cooked.
- Add capsicums, tomato, corn, peas and tofu, stir to combine, cover again and cook for a further 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir through the artichokes.
- Serve garnished with pine nuts.
Gi estimation: 45 (Low), GL estimation: 10 Image and recipe provided by Nestlé Oceania. For more great recipes www.recipes.com.au