- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 red (Spanish) onion thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 tsp ground smoked paprika
- 2 tsp ground paprika
- 1 ½ cups low GI rice 300g
- 1 tbsp MAGGI Original Seasoning
- 4 cups reduced salt vegetable stock 1L
- 1 red capsicum (pepper) roasted, peeled, sliced
- 2 tomato vine-ripened, deseeded, diced
- 125 g corn kernels drained
- 1 cup frozen peas thawed,120g
- 300 g firm tofu cubed
- 170 g bottled artichokes drained,cut into wedges
- 75 g pine nuts lightly toasted to serve
- Heat oil in a large, heavy-based saucepan over medium-low heat. Add onion and cook, stirring occasionally for 5-6 minutes, or until onion is soft. Add garlic and paprika, cook, stirring for one minute.
- Add rice and stir to coat the grains in the spices. Add vegetable stock, bring to the boil, then reduce heat to low, cover the pan with a lid or piece of foil and simmer 20-25 minutes, or until the stock is absorbed and the rice is cooked.
- Add capsicums, tomato, corn, peas and tofu, stir to combine, cover again and cook for a further 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir through the artichokes.
- Serve garnished with pine nuts.
Gi estimation: 45 (Low), GL estimation: 10 Image and recipe provided by Nestlé Oceania. For more great recipes www.recipes.com.au
Please note the serving size listed is to be used as a guide only. Consider your own individual nutrient and carbohydrate requirements and adjust the serving size as required. If you are unsure of your requirements consult an Accredited Practising Dietitian (APD) for personalises advice.