Tuna bean patties
- 1 red onion finely chopped
- 1 carrot grated
- 1 clove garlic finely chopped or crushed
- 1/4 cup fresh chilli finely chopped
- 1/2 lemon zest & juiced
- ground black pepper
- 425 g tuna in spring water (1 x can), drained
- 1 egg free range or organic
- 400 g cannellini beans (1 x can), drained & rinsed
- 1/2 cup wholemeal plain flour plus a little extra to dust patties
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Put the beans in a large mixing bowl and mash with a fork. Add all of the other ingredients, bar the oil, and mix well to combine.
- Using wet hands form into 12 patties and lightly dust each with flour.
- In a large frying pan, heat half the oil and fry 6 of the patties at one time for 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Keep warm in a low oven while you cook the other six patties.
- While the patties are cooking whip up a mixed salad with whatever veggies you have in the fridge. Dress with an extra virgin olive oil vinaigrette.
- Serve the patties with the salad and some tomato relish.
Please note the serving size listed is to be used as a guide only. Consider your own individual nutrient and carbohydrate requirements and adjust the serving size as required. If you are unsure of your requirements consult an Accredited Practising Dietitian (APD) for personalises advice.