Tuna bean patties
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped or crushed
- 1/4 cup fresh dill, finely chopped
- 1/2 lemon, zest & juice
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 x 425g can of tuna in spring water, drained
- 1 large egg, free range or organic
- 1 x 400g can cannellini beans, drained & rinsed
- 1/2 cup wholemeal flour, plus a little extra to dust patties
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Put the beans in a large mixing bowl and mash with a fork. Add all of the other ingredients, bar the oil, and mix well to combine.
- Using wet hands form into 12 patties and lightly dust each with flour.
- In a large frying pan, heat half the oil and fry 6 of the patties at one time for 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Keep warm in a low oven while you cook the other six patties.
- While the patties are cooking whip up a mixed salad with whatever veggies you have in the fridge. Dress with an extra virgin olive oil vinaigrette.
- Serve the patties with the salad and some tomato relish.
Nutritional information (per serve)