Sweet potato, spinach and hazelnut frittata
10 minutes minutes
15 minutes minutes
- 150 g sweet potato peeled and cut into 1cm cubes
- 1 red (Spanish) onion sliced
- 5 eggs
- 2 egg white
- 75 g baby spinach leaves
- ¼ cup hazelnuts roughly chopped
- ¼ cup reduced fat tasty cheese
- olive oil spray
- 4 cups low GI brown rice cooked
- 2 tbsp tomato relish
- Preheat an oven grill to high.
- Spray a large non-stick frying pan with olive oil spray over medium heat and add the sweet potato and red onion. Cook for 6-8 minutes or until golden and tender.
- Whisk the eggs and egg whites together then pour into the pan. Cook over low heat for 5 minutes then sprinkle with spinach leaves and hazelnuts. Continue cooking for 6-8 minutes until surface is nearly set.
- Sprinkle the frittata with the cheese and place under the grill until golden and fully set on top.
- Serve in wedges with 1 cup of brown rice and 2 teaspoons of tomato relish.
Please note the serving size listed is to be used as a guide only. Consider your own individual nutrient and carbohydrate requirements and adjust the serving size as required. If you are unsure of your requirements consult an Accredited Practising Dietitian (APD) for personalises advice.