Sweet potato lentil and spinach salad
- 4 sweet potato about 375g each, scrubbed
- 400 g brown lentils drained, rinsed
- 1/2 cup smoked almonds chopped
- 60 g baby spinach leaves shredded
- 1 cup flat leaf parsley roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh coriander (cilantro) roughly chopped
- Greek style yoghurt to serve
- Pomegranate molasses dressing
- 4 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tsp harissa or hot chilli sauce
- 1 lemon juiced
- 1 garlic crushed
- 2 tsp pomegranate molasses
- Combine all the dressing ingredients in a bowl. Season then whisk until well combined. Remove 3 tablespoons to a jug to dress salad later.
- Preheat oven to 200°C fan forced. Cut each sweet potato into 4 thick wedges. Place into a lined roasting pan. Spoon the remaining dressing over the sweet potato. Turn to coat. Roast 30 minutes or until sticky, golden and tender.
- Combine lentils, almonds, spinach, parsley and coriander and in a large bowl. Spoon over the reserved dressing, stir to combine.
- Divide the sweet potato between serving plates. Spoon over the salad. Dollop with yoghurt. Serve.
- To turn this into a side salad, roughly chop the sweet potato after its roasted. Add to dressed lentil mixture. Serve with barbecue lamb or chicken.
Please note the serving size listed is to be used as a guide only. Consider your own individual nutrient and carbohydrate requirements and adjust the serving size as required. If you are unsure of your requirements consult an Accredited Practising Dietitian (APD) for personalises advice.