Tom Walton’s Summer Veggie Frittata
- 1 sweet potato thinly sliced
- 1 zucchini thinly sliced rounds
- 1 red (Spanish) onion thinly sliced wedges
- 1 red capsicum (pepper) diced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 12 egg
- fresh basil 2 handfuls, half finely sliced
- 4 fresh bocconcini torn
- sea salt and ground black pepper
- Preheat an oven to 220°C.
- Combine the sliced veggies in a bowl with a little salt, pepper, the olive oil and toss well to coat.
- Place them onto a lined baking tray and roast for 15 minutes to cook.
- Meanwhile, whisk together the egg, a little salt, pepper and the sliced basil.
- Lay half the roast veggies over a baking dish with half the torn bocconcini and pour over the eggs. Top with the remaining veggies and bocconcini then cook in the oven for 35-40 minutes, until the centre is set. Serve hot or cool to room temp for a picnic.
Please note the serving size listed is to be used as a guide only. Consider your own individual nutrient and carbohydrate requirements and adjust the serving size as required. If you are unsure of your requirements consult an Accredited Practising Dietitian (APD) for personalises advice.