Spicy beef & noodle lettuce wraps
- 58 g bean thread noodles
- boiling water as needed, for the noodles
- olive oil spray
- 115 g beef sirloin steak trimmed
- 1 long red chilli such as Fresno or jalapeno, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 tsp lemongrass finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- 100 g snow peas trimmed and halved crosswise
- ¼ red capsicum (pepper) seeded and thinly sliced
- 2 tsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp fresh coriander (cilantro) chopped, plus more for serving
- baby lettuce leaves for serving
- Place the noodles in a medium heatproof bowl, cover with boiling water, and set aside for 3 to 4 minutes, or just until softened. Drain well.
- Meanwhile, coat a wok with olive oil spray and heat over high heat. Add the beef and sear for 2 minutes each side, or until cooked to medium-rare. Transfer to a plate and set aside. Add the chili, lemongrass, and garlic to the wok and stir-fry for 30 seconds. Add the snow peas and bell pepper and stir-fry for 2 minutes more, or until crisp-tender.
- Return the beef to the wok and add the noodles, lime juice, and cilantro. Toss to combine. Spoon the mixture into the lettuce leaves, scatter with cilantro, and serve immediately.
Energy per serve: 1318kJ Reprinted with permission from The Nordic Way: Discover The World’s Most Perfect Carb-to-Protein Ratio for Preventing Weight Gain or Regain, and Lowering Your Risk of Disease by arrangement Pam Krauss Books, an imprint of Penguin Publishing Group, a division of Penguin Random House LLC. Copyright © 2017, Arne Astrup, Jennie Brand-Miller and Christian Bitz
Please note the serving size listed is to be used as a guide only. Consider your own individual nutrient and carbohydrate requirements and adjust the serving size as required. If you are unsure of your requirements consult an Accredited Practising Dietitian (APD) for personalises advice.
Nutritional information (per serve)
Calories: 315kcal | Carbohydrates: 21g | Protein: 29g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Sodium: 69mg | Fiber: 7g