Spicy beef & noodle lettuce wraps
- 58 g bean thread noodles
- Boiling water, as needed, for the noodles
- Olive oil spray
- 115 g trimmed beef sirloin steak
- 1 fresh red chili, such as Fresno or jalapeno, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 tsp finely chopped lemongrass
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 100 g snow peas, trimmed and halved crosswise
- 1/4 red bell pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
- 2 tsp fresh lime juice
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro, plus more for serving
- Baby lettuce leaves, for serving
- Place the noodles in a medium heatproof bowl, cover with boiling water, and set aside for 3 to 4 minutes, or just until softened. Drain well.
- Meanwhile, coat a wok with olive oil spray and heat over high heat. Add the beef and sear for 2 minutes each side, or until cooked to medium-rare. Transfer to a plate and set aside. Add the chili, lemongrass, and garlic to the wok and stir-fry for 30 seconds. Add the snow peas and bell pepper and stir-fry for 2 minutes more, or until crisp-tender.
- Return the beef to the wok and add the noodles, lime juice, and cilantro. Toss to combine. Spoon the mixture into the lettuce leaves, scatter with cilantro, and serve immediately.
Please note the serving size listed is to be used as a guide only. Consider your own individual nutrient and carbohydrate requirements and adjust the serving size as required. If you are unsure of your requirements consult an Accredited Practising Dietitian (APD) for personalises advice.