Spicy beef & noodle lettuce wraps
- 58 g bean thread noodles
- Boiling water, as needed, for the noodles
- Olive oil spray
- 115 g trimmed beef sirloin steak
- 1 fresh red chili, such as Fresno or jalapeno, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 tsp finely chopped lemongrass
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 100 g snow peas, trimmed and halved crosswise
- 1/4 red bell pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
- 2 tsp fresh lime juice
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro, plus more for serving
- Baby lettuce leaves, for serving
- Place the noodles in a medium heatproof bowl, cover with boiling water, and set aside for 3 to 4 minutes, or just until softened. Drain well.
- Meanwhile, coat a wok with olive oil spray and heat over high heat. Add the beef and sear for 2 minutes each side, or until cooked to medium-rare. Transfer to a plate and set aside. Add the chili, lemongrass, and garlic to the wok and stir-fry for 30 seconds. Add the snow peas and bell pepper and stir-fry for 2 minutes more, or until crisp-tender.
- Return the beef to the wok and add the noodles, lime juice, and cilantro. Toss to combine. Spoon the mixture into the lettuce leaves, scatter with cilantro, and serve immediately.