Sicilian chilli tuna pasta
- 1 brown onion finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 1 fresh chilli red or green, finely sliced
- 1 punnet cherry tomatoes cut in half
- 1 tbsp capers rinsed
- 60 g fresh rocket leaves
- ½ lemon
- ground black pepper
- 185 g tuna in spring water drained
- 150 g wholegrain spaghetti
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil robust flavour
- Bring a saucepan of water to the boil. Cook your pasta as per the packet instructions – this will vary according to the variety and brand, but will typically take around 20 minutes for wholegrain.
- In a frying pan, heat the extra virgin olive oil and sauté the onion, garlic and chilli until softened. Add the tuna and stir to combine the flavours. Add the tomatoes, capers and lemon zest.
- Once the pasta is cooked, strain and add to the sauce. Stir until combined.
- Toss the rocket through the pasta and serve with a sprinkle of cracked pepper.
Please note the serving size listed is to be used as a guide only. Consider your own individual nutrient and carbohydrate requirements and adjust the serving size as required. If you are unsure of your requirements consult an Accredited Practising Dietitian (APD) for personalises advice.