Sicilian chilli tuna pasta
- 1 Small brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 Garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 Chilli, red or green, finely sliced
- 1 Punnet of cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 tbsp Capers, rinsed
- 60 g Rocket leaves
- Zest of 1/2 lemon
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 185 g Tuna canned in springwater, drained (or in extra virgin olive oil & use this to cook)
- 150 g Wholegrain spaghetti
- 1 tbsp Extra virgin olive oil, robust flavour
- Bring a saucepan of water to the boil. Cook your pasta as per the packet instructions – this will vary according to the variety and brand, but will typically take around 20 minutes for wholegrain.
- In a frying pan, heat the extra virgin olive oil and sauté the onion, garlic and chilli until softened. Add the tuna and stir to combine the flavours. Add the tomatoes, capers and lemon zest.
- Once the pasta is cooked, strain and add to the sauce. Stir until combined.
- Toss the rocket through the pasta and serve with a sprinkle of cracked pepper.
Nutritional information (per serve)