Salmon & Pine Nut Fried Rice
- 1 cup low GI cooked rice (160g)
- 1 salmon fillet (125g)
- 30 g pine nuts
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp teriyaki sauce
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1 stalk spring onion, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ¼ medium sized onion, diced
- 1 tsp (5g) fried shallots
- ¼ cup (80g) frozen mixed vegetables
- 4 tsp olive oil
- ½ tsp sesame oil
- Pinch of pepper
- Heat 2 tsp of olive oil in a medium non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Once the oil is hot and shimmering, place salmon into the pan and cook for about 4 minutes on each side.
- Transfer salmon onto a plate then use a fork to gently break salmon into small flakes.
- Toast pine nuts in the skillet over low-medium heat then set aside. Heat remaining olive oil in the skillet then sauté garlic and onion until slightly translucent.
- Add cooked rice, salmon, pepper, soy sauce and teriyaki sauce to the skillet. Stir fry for a couple of minutes.
- Create well in the middle of the rice. Crack an egg in the well and wait for 30 seconds then stir fry. Once the egg is cooked, stir it in with the rice. Add in frozen mixed vegetables, pine nuts and spring onion. Stir well.
- Lastly, drizzle sesame oil over the rice and give it one last stir. Serve hot.
Please note the serving size listed is to be used as a guide only. Consider your own individual nutrient and carbohydrate requirements and adjust the serving size as required. If you are unsure of your requirements consult an Accredited Practising Dietitian (APD) for personalises advice.