Rocket, Pear, Parmesan and Walnut Salad
- 1 bunch fresh rocket leaves
- 50 g parmesan cheese shaved (use a vegetable peeler)
- 40 g walnuts, raw chopped into pieces
- 1 pear ripe
- 1 tbsp low GI honey
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- In a small bowl, combine warmed honey, Dijon mustard, olive oil and white wine vinegar. Stir through until well combined. Taste and alter if needed i.e., a little more Dijon if you like a ‘bite’ or honey if you like it sweet! (You may need to make more dressing but this is the general ratio)
- To toast walnuts: spread walnuts out on a plate and microwave for 30-60 seconds. Careful as the plate will be hot! Alternatively, toast walnuts in a dry pan but be careful not to burn as the walnuts cook quickly.
- Place the rocket in a large bowl. Scatter over parmesan,walnuts and pear. When ready to serve the salad, add the dressing and tosswell. Serve immediately.
Please note the serving size listed is to be used as a guide only. Consider your own individual nutrient and carbohydrate requirements and adjust the serving size as required. If you are unsure of your requirements consult an Accredited Practising Dietitian (APD) for personalises advice.