- 1 brown onion peeled and finely chopped
- 400 g lamb slow cooked
- 1 cup quinoa washed and rinsed
- 1 punnet cherry tomatoes quartered
- 1 yellow capsicum (pepper) trimmed and finely chopped
- ½ cup olives pitted and roughly chopped, optional
- 1 cup baby spinach leaves kale or rocket will do
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic peeled and finely chopped
- ½ lemon juiced
- sea salt
- ground black pepper
- goats fetta (optional)
- Heat 1 tbsp of oil on a low heat in a fry pan
- Add the onions and garlic and sauté for 5-6 minutes, or until softened and translucent. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Put the rinsed quinoa in a saucepan with 1 ¾ cups of salted water.
- Bring the water to the boil, reduce heat to a simmer and pop the lid on.
- After 15 minutes remove from the heat but leave the lid on for a further 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes remove the lid and run a fork through it. Add the onion and garlic and fork through to combine.
- Place in a large mixing bowl and combine the cherry tomatoes, capsicum, kale & olive.
- Lightly reheat the lamb on the stove top (add some olive oil if needed).
- Combine the lamb with the quinoa and some goat's cheese fetta if desired. Dress with lemon and olive oil (1 tbsp lemon and 2 tbsp olive oil).
- Season & serve.
Please note the serving size listed is to be used as a guide only. Consider your own individual nutrient and carbohydrate requirements and adjust the serving size as required. If you are unsure of your requirements consult an Accredited Practising Dietitian (APD) for personalises advice.