Pear & Cinnamon Protein Pancakes
- 25 g whole rolled oats
- 1/2 frozen medium banana, mashed
- 2 eggs (60g.) beaten
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tsp chia seeds
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 small pear, thinly sliced
- 100 g low-fat Greek yoghurt
- pinch cinnamon
- Use a food processor to finely grind your oats into a flour, then transfer to a large mixing bowl and add the chia seeds and baking powder. Mix to combine.
- Add the mashed banana, beaten eggs and vanilla,then stir through.
- Heat a non-stick frypan over a medium heat. Once evenly heated, pour enough of the batter in to make two small pancakes. Once bubbles start to appear (this should only take 2-3 minutes) flip the pancakes and cook the other side until golden and cooked through.
- Place your pancakes on a plate, then top with yoghurt, and arrange pear slices over the top. Sprinkle with cinnamon prior to serving.
- TIP: You may like to drizzle with a teaspoon of low Gi honey .