Pear & Cinnamon Protein Pancakes
- 25 g whole rolled oats
- 1/2 frozen medium banana, mashed
- 2 eggs (60g.) beaten
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tsp chia seeds
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 small pear, thinly sliced
- 100 g low-fat Greek yoghurt
- pinch cinnamon
- Use a food processor to finely grind your oats into a flour, then transfer to a large mixing bowl and add the chia seeds and baking powder. Mix to combine.
- Add the mashed banana, beaten eggs and vanilla,then stir through.
- Heat a non-stick frypan over a medium heat. Once evenly heated, pour enough of the batter in to make two small pancakes. Once bubbles start to appear (this should only take 2-3 minutes) flip the pancakes and cook the other side until golden and cooked through.
- Place your pancakes on a plate, then top with yoghurt, and arrange pear slices over the top. Sprinkle with cinnamon prior to serving.
- TIP: You may like to drizzle with a teaspoon of low Gi honey .
Please note the serving size listed is to be used as a guide only. Consider your own individual nutrient and carbohydrate requirements and adjust the serving size as required. If you are unsure of your requirements consult an Accredited Practising Dietitian (APD) for personalises advice.