One Pan Spanish Chicken
15 minutes minutes
45 minutes minutes
- 500 g chicken thighs fillets, skin removed
- 400 g diced tomatoes 1 can no added salt
- 2 tbsp tomato paste, no added salt
- 1 red (Spanish) onion large, chopped into small pieces
- 2 clove garlic finely chopped or crushed
- 1 red capsicum (pepper) large, chopped into small pieces
- 1 zucchini medium, chopped into small pieces
- 1 cup frozen peas
- ½ cup olives Spanish olives, pitted and halved
- ½ lemon fresh, squeezed
- ⅓ cup red wine
- 2 tsp smokey paprika
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup fresh coriander (cilantro) washed and chopped
- sea salt and ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 200C.
- In a non-stick baking tray or dish, add tinned tomatoes, tomato paste, onion, garlic, red capsicum, zucchini, peas and olives. Mix together to combine.
- Add lemon, red wine, smoked paprika, oregano, sea salt and pepper. Mix through.
- Add chicken thighs on top and spoon over sauce to coat.
- Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until chicken and vegetables are cooked.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
Please note the serving size listed is to be used as a guide only. Consider your own individual nutrient and carbohydrate requirements and adjust the serving size as required. If you are unsure of your requirements consult an Accredited Practising Dietitian (APD) for personalises advice.