Oatmeal protein energy balls
- 1 ½ cup rolled oats (135g)
- ½ cup vanilla whey protein powder (40g)
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- ½ cup smooth natural peanut butter (140g)
- 3 tbsp Low GI honey
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
- ⅓ cup raisins, craisins or other dried fruit (95g)
- 3 tbsp almond milk
- Put Traditional Cooking Oats, protein powder, cinnamon and chia seeds to a large bowl.
- Add peanut butter, honey and vanilla extract. Stir to combine.
- Add raisins (or alternative). Mixture should be slightly sticky but still crumbly.
- Slowly add in almond milk 1 tablespoon at a time, and using your hands combine it until it comes together and holds. If the mixture is too dry, add in more liquid but not so much that it won’t hold shape. Roll it into balls using your hands. Place the balls in a container to set in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- Store in the fridge until ready to eat.
Please note the serving size listed is to be used as a guide only. Consider your own individual nutrient and carbohydrate requirements and adjust the serving size as required. If you are unsure of your requirements consult an Accredited Practising Dietitian (APD) for personalises advice.