Mushroom & chickpea salad
- 300 g mushrooms halved
- 800 g chickpeas rinsed & drained
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander (cilantro)
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- 1 lemon zested and juiced
- 360 g mixed salad leaves spinach & rocket leaf salad
- 100 g feta cheese
- ¼ tsp dried chilli flakes optional
- lemon wedges grilled, to serve
- Place mushrooms, chickpeas, cumin, coriander, olive oil, lemon zest and juice in a medium bowl and toss to combine. Season with salt and black pepper.
- Heat a large frying pan. Add the mushroom and chickpea mixture and cook over medium heat for 3-4 minutes without stirring. Stir and cook for another 4-5 minutes or until the mushrooms are golden and chickpeas crisp.
- Place spinach & rocket mix on a serving platter. Spoon over the mushroom mixture and pan juices. Crumble over the feta and sprinkle with chilli flakes if using.
- Serve with grilled lemon.
Please note the serving size listed is to be used as a guide only. Consider your own individual nutrient and carbohydrate requirements and adjust the serving size as required. If you are unsure of your requirements consult an Accredited Practising Dietitian (APD) for personalises advice.