- 1 cup (90g) Traditional Oats
- 1 cup (115g) MILO®
- 1 cup (35g) puffed rice cereal
- 1/2 cup (40g) moist coconut flakes
- 1 cup (130g) dried cranberries
- 1 cup (160g) almonds
- 2/3 cup (135g) pepitas
- 3/4 cup (150mL) golden syrup
- 1/2 cup (150g) almond butter spread, no added salt, no added sugar
- 150 g margarine
- Preheat oven to 180°C/160°C fan forced. Grease and line a 30cm x 20cm lamington pan.
- In a large bowl, combine oats, MILO®,puffed rice cereal, coconut flakes. Place cranberries, almonds and pepitas in a food processor and process for thirty seconds to a minute and add to oats and MILO® mixture.
- In a small saucepan place golden syrup, almond butter and margarine. Over low-medium heat; stir and melt all ingredients together.
- Add golden syrup mixture to dry ingredients; stir well to combine.
- Bake25-30 minutes. Allow to cool in the pan; slice into 16 pieces.
One MILO® Muesli Slice bar provides 1,484kJ and 8.4g protein. Adjust the portion by cutting bars into smaller squares for younger children and less active adults. This MILO® Muesli Slice recipe helps provide a nutritional boost for active kids and adults. TIP:
Use MILO® Plant-based Energy to provide vitamin B12, iron and zinc for children and teens that are vegan or vegetarian.
Please note the serving size listed is to be used as a guide only. Consider your own individual nutrient and carbohydrate requirements and adjust the serving size as required. If you are unsure of your requirements consult an Accredited Practising Dietitian (APD) for personalises advice.