- 2 cups self-raising flour (300g)
- 1 cup almond meal (120g)
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder (25g), sifted
- 1 ½ cup MILO (175g)
- 2 egg lightly beaten
- ⅓ cup olive oil (80ml)
- 1 cup ricotta cheese (240g) firm
- 1 cup vanilla yoghurt (280g) thick
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- icing sugar for sprinkling, optional
- Preheat oven to180oC. Place 12 muffin casings in a 12 x ½-cup-capacity muffin tin.
- Place flour, almond meal, cocoa powder and MILO® in a large bowl and mix to combine.
- Add eggs, olive oil,ricotta, vanilla yoghurt and vanilla extract, and mix until combined, and the mixture is free of ricotta lumps.
- Spoon mixture into muffin casings.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until cooked when tested with a skewer.
- Allow to cool in tin for 5-10 minutes, before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
Please note the serving size listed is to be used as a guide only. Consider your own individual nutrient and carbohydrate requirements and adjust the serving size as required. If you are unsure of your requirements consult an Accredited Practising Dietitian (APD) for personalises advice.