Mediterranean Vegetable & Cannellini Bean Salad
- 360 g cannellini beans drained and rinsed, (approx. 1 & 1/3 cup)
- 1 red capsicum (pepper) halved and deseeded
- 1 zucchini thickly sliced
- 2 spring onions finely chopped
- ½ cup fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 pieces wholemeal pita bread toasted
- ground black pepper to taste
- Start by turning your grill to medium-high. Place the capsicum under it and cook for6-8 minutes. It will need to be turned every two minutes or so to ensure it cooks evenly, and you’ll know it’s done once the skin is blackened and blistered in places and the flesh is soft. Halfway through cooking, add the zucchini too. It will only need two minutes on each side. Remove vegetables from the grill and place to one side to cool.
- Once cool, slice the capsicum flesh into strips. Place in a bowl along with the zucchini, cannellini beans, spring onions, and parsley.
- Pour the olive oil and vinegar over the salad and toss well. Season with black pepper if desired. Divide into two servings. Serve with apiece of pita bread, toasted and broken up into ‘chips’. Keep remaining serve for a lunch later in the week.
Please note the serving size listed is to be used as a guide only. Consider your own individual nutrient and carbohydrate requirements and adjust the serving size as required. If you are unsure of your requirements consult an Accredited Practising Dietitian (APD) for personalises advice.