Marika Day’s Sweet Potato and Black Bean Tacos
- 500 g sweet potato (approximately 1.5 medium sweet potatoes), peeled and chopped into 2cm cubes
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 brown onion finely diced
- 2 garlic crushed
- 400 g black beans (one tin), drained and rinsed
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground smoked paprika
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 1 avocado mashed
- 6 soft corn tortillas
- ½ fresh coriander (cilantro) bunch
- 1 lime cut into wedges
- 1 jalapeño sliced
- Preheat oven to 200°C and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Add cubed sweet potatoes onto baking tray and toss with 1/2 the olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Place into preheated oven to cook for 20 minutes or until browned and cooked through.
- Meanwhile, in a large pan over medium heat add remaining olive oil and diced onion.
- Cook for 4-5 minutes or beginning to soften. Add garlic and black beans and cook for a further 2 -3 minutes.
- Add spices and maple syrup and toss for 1-2 minutes or until fragrant.
- Meanwhile heat the tortillas according to package directions.
- Serve tacos with sweet potato mix, avocado, coriander, lime wedges and sliced jalapeños.
Please note the serving size listed is to be used as a guide only. Consider your own individual nutrient and carbohydrate requirements and adjust the serving size as required. If you are unsure of your requirements consult an Accredited Practising Dietitian (APD) for personalises advice.