Roast Sweet Potato and Cashew Dip
- 400 g sweet potato (approximately 1 medium sweet potato)
- 4 garlic crushed
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- ½ tsp turmeric
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup cashews, roasted
- ¼ cup fresh coriander (cilantro) chopped
- crackers to serve
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- In a roasting pan add peeled and chopped sweet potatoes. Toss through maple syrup, garlic, olive oil, turmeric and season with salt and pepper.
- Cook for 45-40 minutes or until tender. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- Transfer sweet potato mixture to a food processor and add cashews and coriander.
- Pulse until roughly chopped. Add a little water 1 tsp at a time, or as required to reach desired consistency. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve with crackers.
Please note the serving size listed is to be used as a guide only. Consider your own individual nutrient and carbohydrate requirements and adjust the serving size as required. If you are unsure of your requirements consult an Accredited Practising Dietitian (APD) for personalises advice.