Low GI Veggie Patties
3 minutes minutes
10 minutes minutes
- 3 cups SunRice Low GI Brown Rice cooked, drained
- 1 carrot grated
- 4 spring onions finely chopped
- ½ cup fresh coriander (cilantro) chopped
- 1 cup baby spinach leaves finely chopped
- 250 g chickpeas tin, mashed
- ¼ cup sunflower seeds
- ¼ cup tahini paste
- 2 tbsp reduced salt soy sauce
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- In a large bowl, add all ingredients.
- Using cleans hands, mix thoroughly until well combined and until the mix starts to hold together.
- Form into even sized patties.It should make 8 patties. Place on a plate, cover and put into the fridge for acouple of hours so that patties set.
- Drizzle a little olive oil in a large fry pan. Add a few patties (you will have to cook in batches) and cook for approximately 5 minutes each side until golden in colour.
- Serve burgers with a largegreen salad and a dollop of Tzatziki.
- Makes 8 patties.
Please note the serving size listed is to be used as a guide only. Consider your own individual nutrient and carbohydrate requirements and adjust the serving size as required. If you are unsure of your requirements consult an Accredited Practising Dietitian (APD) for personalises advice.