10 minutes minutes
15 minutes minutes
- 200 g spaghetti
- 4 slices lean middle bacon sliced
- 1 garlic crushed
- 4 eggs poached/soft boiled
- 1 punnet cherry tomatoes quartered
- 1 cup fresh rocket leaves finely sliced
- 3 tbsp fresh flat-leaf parsley
- ½ cup frozen peas
- 2 tbsp fresh chives
- ½ cup parmesan cheese microplaned
- ½ tbsp ground black pepper
- Bring a large pot of water to boil. Add the spaghetti and cook until al dente according to the packet instructions.
- In a frypan, cook the bacon over medium heat for 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook for 2 minutes. Add the cherry tomatoes, cook for 2 minutes.
- Loosely drain the pasta and add to the fry pan (keeping some water for moisture so it doesn't stick). Add the parmesan cheese, pepper, peas, parsley and toss through. Just before serving, add the rocket/kale and chives then toss.
- Serve in a shallow pasta bowl, placing the egg on top. Using your cutlery, break the egg yolk allowing it to ooze over the pasta creating a delicious and natural sauce.
Please note the serving size listed is to be used as a guide only. Consider your own individual nutrient and carbohydrate requirements and adjust the serving size as required. If you are unsure of your requirements consult an Accredited Practising Dietitian (APD) for personalises advice.