Lemon-laced roasted eggplant
- 2 large eggplants (1¼ lbs or 0.6kg each)
- 3 large garlic cloves, sliced
- sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 cup (60ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp (30ml) fresh lemon juice
- 5-6 sprigs fresh parsley, coarsely chopped
- Preheat oven to 400F (200°C). Line a baking pan with foil or baking paper.
- Cut the eggplants in half lengthwise. Cut each half lengthwise in half again. Cut each of the 8 resulting strips in half crosswise. Place them in a large bowl with the garlic, sprinkle with salt and pepper, add the oregano and then the oil. Mix well.
- Place eggplant pieces in the prepared baking pan. Roast eggplant for 25 minutes until soft and browned. Remove eggplant from oven, place in a serving bowl, toss with the lemon juice and parsley. Serve immediately.