Lemon-laced roasted eggplant
- 2 large eggplants (1¼ lbs or 0.6kg each)
- 3 large garlic cloves, sliced
- sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 cup (60ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp (30ml) fresh lemon juice
- 5-6 sprigs fresh parsley, coarsely chopped
- Preheat oven to 400F (200°C). Line a baking pan with foil or baking paper.
- Cut the eggplants in half lengthwise. Cut each half lengthwise in half again. Cut each of the 8 resulting strips in half crosswise. Place them in a large bowl with the garlic, sprinkle with salt and pepper, add the oregano and then the oil. Mix well.
- Place eggplant pieces in the prepared baking pan. Roast eggplant for 25 minutes until soft and browned. Remove eggplant from oven, place in a serving bowl, toss with the lemon juice and parsley. Serve immediately.
Please note the serving size listed is to be used as a guide only. Consider your own individual nutrient and carbohydrate requirements and adjust the serving size as required. If you are unsure of your requirements consult an Accredited Practising Dietitian (APD) for personalises advice.