Honey and nut muesli bars
- 3/4 Cup Good-quality honey
- 1/2 cup Sunflower oil or light olive oil
- 2 1/2 cups Traditional rolled oats (oatmeal)
- 1 1/2 cups Puffed millet
- 1/2 cup Desiccated coconut
- 1 1/2 tsp Ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup Sweetened dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup Currants
- 1/2 cup Raw almonds, coarsely chopped
- Preheat the oven to 140°C/320°F. Lightly grease a shallow 20 x 30cm (8 x 12in) baking tin and line the base and sides with non-stick baking paper.
- Put the honey and oil in a small saucepan over medium heat and stir until well combined and heated through. Set aside.
- Put the rolled oats, millet, coconut, cinnamon, cranberries, currants and almonds in a large bowl and mix to combine evenly. Add the honey mixture and stir to combine. Using damp hands, press the mixture firmly into the lined tin. Press the mixture with the back of a spoon to make the surface smooth and even.
- Bake for 45–55 minutes or until the surface is dark golden brown all over. Cool completely in the tin before cutting into 24 bars.
Please note the serving size listed is to be used as a guide only. Consider your own individual nutrient and carbohydrate requirements and adjust the serving size as required. If you are unsure of your requirements consult an Accredited Practising Dietitian (APD) for personalises advice.