Green Bean, Snow Pea, Rice and Avocado Salad
- 2 cups SunRice Low GI Brown Rice cooked
- 200 g green beans
- 200 g snow peas
- 1/4 cup pistachios, shelled roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup walnuts roughly chopped
- 3 tbsp fresh parsley chopped
- 3 tbsp fresh mint chopped
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp capers
- 1 avocado to serve
- 3/4 cup natural yoghurt
- 3 anchovy fillets finely chopped
- 3 tbsp dijon mustard
- sea salt and black pepper
- Trim the ends of both green beans and snow peas and then finely slice
- In a large bowl toss cooked rice, green beans, snow peas, pistachios, walnuts, dill, mint, capers and lemon juice and season with sea salt and black pepper. In a small bowl whisk together ingredients for the dressing.
- Spread the dressing over a large serving platter, top with rice, green bean and snow pea salad. Peel and slice avocado into pieces then place over the top and serve with your choice of protein.
protein such as poached or grilled chicken
or fish, or a cupful of cooked legumes for a
satiating vegetarian option. Recipes supplied by SunRice Low GI Rice
Please note the serving size listed is to be used as a guide only. Consider your own individual nutrient and carbohydrate requirements and adjust the serving size as required. If you are unsure of your requirements consult an Accredited Practising Dietitian (APD) for personalises advice.