Fruity quinoa porridge
- 200 g (7 oz/1 cup) quinoa
- 500 ml (17 fl oz/2 cups) skim milk
- 1 apple, chopped with skin on
- 40 g (1 1/2 oz/ 1/3 cup) sultanas
- 1 cinnamon stick or 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tbsp pure floral honey
- 125 ml (4 fl oz/ 1/2 cup) warm skim milk, extra to serve
- Put the quinoa in a sieve and rinse well under cold running water. Tip the quinoa into a saucepan, then pour in the milk. Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 5 minutes. Add the apple, sultanas and cinnamon and simmer for 5–6 minutes, or until all of the liquid is absorbed. Remove the cinnamon stick, if using.
- Serve the quinoa porridge in small bowls. Drizzle the honey over the top and serve with the extra skim milk.