Diabetes Friendly Banana Berry Muffins
- 2 cups traditional rolled oats
- 1 ¼ cups wholemeal self-raising flour
- ¼ cup Splenda Blend or Whole earth Baking Blend
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 banana
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 eggs lightly beaten
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ½ cup blueberries about 80g, fresh or frozen
- 1 tsp icing sugar optional
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon optional
- Preheat oven to 180°C fan forced. Line twelve muffin holes with paper cases or grease holes with canola spray.
- Place the oats in a food processor. Pulse until finely ground. Transfer to a large bowl. Stir in flour, Splenda Blend, baking powder and cinnamon. Make a well in the centre.
- Mash the bananas with a fork. Whisk together buttermilk, eggs and oil. Pour into the flour mixture. Add the banana, stir gently until just combined. Fold through the blueberries. Spoon evenly into paper cases.
- Bake for 22-25 minutes or until cooked when a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes then remove to a wire rack.
- Combine icing sugar and cinnamon and sift over the warm muffins to serve.
- Tip: Important to use the all purpose rolled oats not the quick cooking ones.
Please note the serving size listed is to be used as a guide only. Consider your own individual nutrient and carbohydrate requirements and adjust the serving size as required. If you are unsure of your requirements consult an Accredited Practising Dietitian (APD) for personalises advice.