- 250 ml Water, plus extra, to glaze
- 1 cup Old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 2 1/2 cups Whole-grain spelt flour, as needed
- 3 tbsp Canola oil
- 1/4 cup Sesame seeds (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Combine the oats, water, salt, and 1.5 cups of the flour in the bowl of a stand mixer and beat on medium speed until combined.
- Mix in the oil. Gradually mix in enough additional spelt flour to make a dough that pulls away from the sides of the bow
- Roll the mixture into 18 equal balls. Place on the prepared baking sheets and press down on each ball with the bottom of a flat glass to flatten them into 8mm/⅓-inch-thick discs.
- Brush with water to glaze and sprinkle with the sesame seeds, if desired.
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until crisp and golden. Let cool on the baking sheet for 3 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.