- 250 ml Water, plus extra, to glaze
- 1 cup Old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 2 1/2 cups Whole-grain spelt flour, as needed
- 3 tbsp Canola oil
- 1/4 cup Sesame seeds (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Combine the oats, water, salt, and 1.5 cups of the flour in the bowl of a stand mixer and beat on medium speed until combined.
- Mix in the oil. Gradually mix in enough additional spelt flour to make a dough that pulls away from the sides of the bow
- Roll the mixture into 18 equal balls. Place on the prepared baking sheets and press down on each ball with the bottom of a flat glass to flatten them into 8mm/⅓-inch-thick discs.
- Brush with water to glaze and sprinkle with the sesame seeds, if desired.
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until crisp and golden. Let cool on the baking sheet for 3 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Please note the serving size listed is to be used as a guide only. Consider your own individual nutrient and carbohydrate requirements and adjust the serving size as required. If you are unsure of your requirements consult an Accredited Practising Dietitian (APD) for personalises advice.