Cinnamon oat & almond loaf
- 50 g Ground almond meal
- 125 ml Low fat milk
- 80 g Unsalted margarine
- 110 g CSR LoGiCane™ Low GI cane sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 2 Large eggs, lightly beaten
- 150 g Self-raising flour
- 2 tsp Ground cinnamon
- 22 g Rolled oats
- 2 Pears, peeled, cored & diced
- 55 g CSR Logicane™ Low GI cane sugar
- 50 g Flaked almonds
- 2 tbsp Plain flour
- 25 g Unsalted butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 180°C conventional or 160°C fan forced. Grease and line an 8cm x 26cm loaf pan with baking paper.
- Combine almond meal and milk
- Cream butter, CSR LoGiCane™ Low GI cane sugar and vanilla extract with an electric mixer until light and creamy. Add eggs gradually, beating well after each addition. Sift in flour and cinnamon, add oats and combined almond meal and milk. Pour half the mixture into prepared pan. Top with pear and cover with remaining cake batter. Sprinkle with topping.
- Bake for 1 hour or until skewer comes out clean. Transfer to cooling rack and cool slightly, before slicing.
- Combine oats, CSR LoGiCane™ Low GI cane sugar, almonds, flour & butter.
Gi estimation: 54, GL estimation: 24 Recipe and image supplied by LogiCane low GI sugar. For more recipes go to www.csrsugar.com.au